INSURANCE AND BILLING - We will make it as easy as possible
When you have a question about your bill from the Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center, please call us. If you have questions about your surgeon’s bill, please be sure to call his/her office directly.
We try to make payment for services at VBASC as simple as possible. If you have health care insurance, we will verify your insurance policy information in order to make sure that your surgery services are “covered.” If your services are covered, as a courtesy we will bill your insurance directly. You will be responsible for paying co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance, as required by your insurance carrier.
- Co-pays are due at the time of service. We will collect all co-pays on the day of your surgery. We accept cash, checks, medical spending account cards and all major credit cards.
- Co-insurance and Deductibles are determined by your insurance carrier and are due once the insurance had made payment for your services. You will receive a statement from our billing office, which is due upon receipt. If you have any questions regarding your balance due, please call our billing department at (757) 496-2693.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance requires additional information in order to assure coverage. If your surgery is for an injury that occurred at work, we will need the following information prior to the date of surgery: the name of your employer and your employer’s address, the workers’ compensation insurance carrier, the agent or contact person handling your claim, the date and time of your injury and your workers’ compensation claim number. The surgery must be authorized by the Workers’ Comp carrier prior to surgery.
- Dental Surgery may be covered by your health insurance. It is not a service covered by dental insurance. Check with your health plan or employer to determine if ambulatory surgery services are covered.
- If you do not have health insurance or if you are having cosmetic surgery, you will be required to pay for your surgery on or before the day of surgery. A price quote will be given to you by our business office. If you have questions about paying for your surgery, please contact our billing office to discuss payment.
- For your convenience, we accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Flexible Medical Spending Account Cards, and Care Credit.
- Call 496-6400 if you have further questions.